The Village Hall was previously the village school. It is an important facility for the village and is used by many of the groups listed on the right. It is a charitable trust registered with the Charity Commission No.228929. Its current trustees (committee members) are shown below. A copy of the Minutes from the last AGM can be found here.
There is an outreach Post Office service at the hall on Mondays (1pm-4pm) and Thursdays (midday – 2pm).
The Hall is available for hire, for social or commercial purposes (see rates and availability below). Facilities include a main hall that can seat up to around 100; large and small tables, a stage-system; a fully-equipped kitchen; and a small room that can be used as an office or administration area, etc.
The Hall is situated close to the village centre, about 300 metres from The George pub. The full address is Beresford Lane, Alstonefield, DE6 2FR. Map. There is ample car parking next to the hall and in other car parks nearby – click here.
Refreshments are served in the Village Hall on the mornings of Car Boot Sales, normally held every fourth Sunday of each month during the summer.
The Committee often hosts concerts in the Hall for recreational and fund-raising purposes. These generally take place one a month, usually on Saturday evenings. We like to feature a range of musical styles, such as folk, blues, singer-songwriters, jazz, Americana/ alt.country, etc. There is a licensed bar and all concerts start at 8pm unless stated (doors 7.30pm). Tickets are best (and cheapest) if bought online – our current programme can be viewed here. Further details are available on our Events page.
Committee Members (officers)
- Chairman – Martin Snodin (01335 310121)
- Vice Chairman/Social Secretary – Dave Littlehales (01335 310322)
- Secretary (and History Group Representative Member) – Margaret Cohen (01335 310381)
- Booking Secretary- Joanna Griffin (07812 606 790 or email: email@example.com)
- Treasurer – Debs Railton (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other committee members
- Val Littlehales (Parochial Church Council Representative)
- Mandy Domville (Friendship Club Representative)
- Steve King (Cricket Club Representative – tbc)
- Frank Lipp
- Ian Longdon
- Ken Sharples
- Anne Morgan
Hiring the hall:
Standard hire charges (last updated June 2019):
- Main room:
– General rate £16 per hour (£8 for residents and local/Parish organisations)
– Social events on Fridays/Saturdays £20 per hour (£12 residents/local)
- Meeting room only £10 per hour (£5 residents/local)
- Exclusive use rate for weddings etc i.e. use of whole premises with sole use of car park for special occasions and events – £25 per hour (£15 residents/local)
- Corporate hire – on application
The Committee has discretion over all bookings and charges, as explained in the (new) Hiring Agreement which can be found here as a PDF file. This includes information for users and the full Conditions of Hire, but please note this is a new draft that has yet to be implemented by the Committee so is included here for guidance only at this stage.
Please use the form below to request the use of one of the rooms at the Village Hall. Once reserved, we will contact you to confirm the booking, complete any relevant documentation and arrange payment.
To check availability or enquire about rates or facilities, please contact the Booking Secretary, Joanna Griffin – email email@example.com.
Policies and documents
The Management Committee is currently (January 2020) reviewing its policies, including its approach to publication of its policies on this page. The policy(ies) below are only in draft form unless stated, and must not be relied upon as the current policies of the Hall Committee:
2019 Risk Assessment
Books are available to buy whenever the village hall is open, in the meeting room (and a smaller quantity in the main hall). Books may be browsed, borrowed or bought (there’s an honesty box). If you would like to donate books (or CDs/DVDs), please contact Dave or Val on 01335 310322 and we will either arrange for collection or invite you and your books for coffee! Alternatively box your books and leave them in the Meeting Room to be sorted before adding to stock. Thank You!
Click above for older listings/articles.
This page is maintained by Dave Littlehales