- Friday 29 September – Harvest flowers in the church from the afternoon, ready for the Sunday Service (see below).
- Saturday30 September – Macmillan Coffee Morning 10.30-12.30 in the Village Hall; followed by an evening concert (7.30 for 8pm) with Steve Tilston & Katie Spencer. Tilston is a renowned songwriter and dazzling guitarist with a style drawing from folk, blues, jazz and classical. He’s joined by rising star Katie Spencer, whose singing and guitar playing stem from a time when the steel-stringed instrument was truly finding its voice. Ticket link here or call 01335 310322. More information here.
- Sunday 1 October at 11am – Rainbow Harvest Service in the church, followed in the evening by the village Harvest Supper, 7pm in the Village Hall. £7.50 (£5 children) including meal, with hamper auction. Tickets from Debs at The Hollow – 01335 310049.
- Wednesday 4 October – Friendship Club Harvest Supper with comedy musician, David Moylan. 6pm – tickets £10 – call Fiona on01335 310200.
- The Watts Russell Arms (01335 310126) is open from 12 till 9 every day except Thursday. For more details, please phone or go to the Watts Russell website or its Facebook page.
The George is open for dining (there is no drinks-only service) on Thursday-Sunday For more details, go to The George website.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector. Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone (or at least those who use Facebook) up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: