The Village & Community Magazine for May is available on this link. There will also be printed copies available in the Village Hall foyer and also now at the daily newspapers collection point.
The Village Hall Committee is looking at options for enhancements to the Old School Garden including a water feature, more seating and hard landscaping, as well as selective re-planting to increase year-round colour. We already have an outline plan but we want to hear the views of as many Parish residents as possible, so everyone is invited to a village open meeting on Wednesday 14 June at 7pm, in the hall.
- June also sees two live music events in the village hall from very different ends of the spectrum:
– On Saturday 3 June (8pm), twice Grammy nominated, award-winning, US blues musician Guy Davis pays his third visit to the village as part of a very brief UK tour – more details here or go to ticket link. [Update – SOLD OUT – returns only]
– on Saturday 25 June (3pm) the classical Tedesca Quartet return to perform: Mozart Quartet in B Flat Major; K458 “The Hunt”; Elgar Quartet in E Minor, Op 83; and Mendelssohn Quartet in E Minor Op 44 No 2. Tickets £20 from Margaret on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01335 310381/07506 687 660).
- The Watts Russell Arms (01335 310126) is open from 12 till 9 every day except Thursday. For more details, please phone or go to the Watts Russell website or its Facebook page, where you can also find details of its occasional live music sessions.
- The George is open for dining (there is no drinks-only service) on Thursday-Sunday For more details, go to The George website.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector. Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone (or at least those who use Facebook) up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: