NEW – Christmas ‘pop up’ Choir – see below
The Village & Community Magazine for December is available on this link. There will also be printed copies available in the Village Hall foyer for anyone who would appreciate a hard copy.
- Sunday 11 December – Christmas Fair in the village hall. FREE ENTRY, tables £10, contact Debs Railton 0759 463 0858 or Jo Griffin 0781 260 6790.
- Saturday 17 December – Dance Night with music by John Tams & the Excelsior Band, described as “a bit of a do to celebrate the season” (now SOLD OUT).
- Monday 19 December – Carol singing around the village – more details to follow.
- Thursday 22 December – ‘Bring & Share’ evening, with proceeds to Cancer Research (details from Debs Railton as above).
- Friday 23 December – Carols by Candlelight service at St. Peter’s church at 7pm. If you enjoy singing and would like to join a ‘pop up’ choir to perform a John Rutter piece during the service, then please contact Marion Beloe for further details (email@example.com). Everyone is welcome to join in – please don’t think you can’t join in because you ‘don’t come to church’! This is a Community Carol service, open to all.
- For details of other Church services, please click here.
- The George is open for meals Thursday-Sunday (and occasionally on Wednesdays as a ‘pop-up’ supper club). For more details, go to The George website.
- The Watts Russell pub is open all week except Wednesdays and offers ‘Tapas with a Twist’ in the evenings. Food bookings essential: 01335 310126.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector. Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: