The community has established the Alstonefield Parish COVID-19 Action & Support Group, supporting residents who may need help during this difficult period. A leaflet has been delivered to as many households as possible, offering help, such as:
- Shopping for food and other essentials (including home delivery services)
- Collecting medication and prescriptions
- Helping with essential tasks
- Providing social contact
Contact details are in the leaflet – the latest update is here (a PDF file). Alternatively, visit its Facebook/Messenger page or complete the details on the Contact page and the website administrator will forward your message.
- The George restaurant and bars are now closed. However, they are using their suppliers to provide fresh fruit, vegetables and dry goods for collection or delivery to your door. Items can be ordered on Monday or Wednesday for collection/delivery on Wednesday or Friday, respectively.
For more details, go to The George website.
- Bin collections: Staffs Moorlands have asked that bins are ready for collection by 7am, so we suggest putting out the night before.
- The Village Hallis not accepting bookings for any social use that may conflict with the Government’s social distancing guidance. It remains open only for necessary meetings such as community support, Parish Council or emergency response teams. All Committee organised events until the end of May are cancelled or postponed. For further information, click here. The outreach Post Officewill remain open, on a very limited basis*.
- Church services: all public workship services in the benefice of Alstonefield, Ilam and Wetton are cancelled until further notice. For further information, click here. A link to the Mothering Sunday on line video can also be found on the St Peter’s page, or click: Mothering Sunday Service 2020
- Grow your own: as the planting season is well underway, please consider sowing extra seeds if you’re able to do so. If you’ve space to plant out, or have seedlings to spare, do contact Anne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mandy (email@example.com) who will pass the word on and arrange delivery if needed.
* Please note that due to the current situation and ongoing staff shortages, the Post Office opening hours in the Village Hall are currently limited to Mondays only, 12.15-2.15pm, until further notice.
Stan Goodwin’s Funeral
Stan’s funeral is to be held at 11:20 this Friday ( 3rd April) at Markeaton Crematorium. As you’ll be aware, only close family members are currently able to attend funerals, however, Doris would love you to join in with her from your home or doorstep.
The church bell will toll for Stan at 11:20 and an Order of Service is available in advance via email or hardcopy from Carrie Osbourne. Please call her on 310453 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
Doris is grateful and pleased that you will be thinking and praying for Stan, and for Doris and her family at this sad time.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector.
Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: