The Village & Community Magazine for December is available on this link.
COVID-19 Update – Staffordshire in ‘Tier 3’ from 3 December
Along with many other parts of the UK and most of the Peak District, Alstonefield has been put into the highest Tier of restrictions from Wednesday 2 December. Details of what this means can be found on GovUK here.
- The Village Hall remains open for the Post Office (an essential service) and certain other permitted activities (the list includes takeaway food services, children’s supervised activities; temporary office work; funeral wakes, etc.). Remember that face masks must be worn in the premises unless exemptions apply. See Village Hall page here.
- ‘Pop-up’ cafe Until the end of the year, takeaway refreshments will be available at weekends between 9am and 3pm at the Village Hall. As well as providing income for the Hall during these difficult times, we hope this will be a welcomed community service and support the visitor economy. If well supported, it will continue into 2021. (Facebook link here.)
- For details of Benefice Christmas Church services plus the Christmas Carol Service on YouTube, please click here
- The George is now closed until the law permits re-opening. For more details, go to The George website.
- The Watts Russell pub is also closed but is hoping to continue to provide takeaways. For information, call 01335 310126.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector.
Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: