Moorlands Connect ‘Gold Bus’ Service
‘Moorlands Connect’ was launched in September 2010. Operating from Monday to Saturday, the service is different in that the route will be plotted daily in line with telephone booking requests. Thanks to advanced tracking systems, customers will be advised exactly where the buses are and when their ride will arrive. Bus passes can be used in exactly the same way as present. The 15-seater buses cater for cyclists, buggies & wheelchairs.
The service picks up from locations not only in the main Alstonefield village area, but also in Stanshope & Hopedale, in fact anywhere within the main operating area around six community hubs including Leek, Hartington & Longnor. The service runs directly from Alstonefield into both Ashbourne and Leek on market days. (Leek – Wed & Sat, Ashbourne – Thur & Sat), and directly to Buxton on Fridays. To book your journey, telephone the central booking office in Stafford on 0300 111 8003. For more information please go to www.moorlandsconnect.info
Main Points are provided below:-
- Passengers are picked up from their home address or as close as practicable where passengers live some distance from the public highway (in villages, this will effectively mean that passengers can board at their front gate most of the time)
- Fares have been reduced and a group ticket for up to five people introduced. A special offer fare is in effect on Saturdays. Fares are:-
- Mon-Fri: Adults £1.90 single / £3.60 return, children £1.00 single / £1.90 return, Group (up to 5 people) £8.00
- Saturday only: Adults £2.00 return, children £1.00 return, Group (up to 5 people) £5.00
- Concessionary pass holders travel free of charge at all times.
- Pick up times are given as a 10 minute window (e.g. between 09:00 and 09:10) rather than a 20 minute window.
Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance and also on the day of travel up to 2 hours before the time of travel (although work is in progress to reduce the 2 hour threshold if at all possible).
If there are any comments / further feedback / concerns from users within the Parish that haven’t been addressed by these changes, please let a Parish Councillor know, so that these can be raised with Staffordshire County Council.
This page is maintained by Cathy Reavy
This page has the following sub pages.