The Village & Community Magazine for June is available on this link.
- The Watts Russell pub is now open every day (midday – 9pm) and offers ‘Tapas with a Twist’ in the evenings. Bookings essential: 01335 310126.
- The George is now open for table food service (the bar is closed). For more details, go to The George website.
- The Post Office in the Village Hall is now open again on Mondays and Thursdays (12.15-14.15) and the ‘pop-up’ cafe is open every weekend if there are no priority bookings in the Hall, offering table service inside or a takeaway service. Please follow the one-way system, wear a face mask, follow social distancing protocols and pay by card if possible.
- A greater range of activities is now permitted in the Hall, and we are delighted to see the return of Pilates (Mondays), the Friendship Group and Parent & Toddlers (both Wednesdays). The Hall’s programme of concerts re-commences on 26 June, albeit subject to COVID protocols for live performances. More information here.
- For details of church worship, including the Annual Wakes Service on 27th June, please click here
- Car Boot Sales in the Playing Field have been scheduled to re-start this summer, starting on Sunday 27 June 2021.
Staffordshire Farm Watch
We’re all aware of the rise in rural crime, particularly within the farming sector.
Staffordshire Police are working with local communities in the Moorlands area to tackle these issues and have set up a Facebook page to keep everyone up to date.
Please visit and ‘like’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFarmWatch/
If you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the police non-emergency number: 101. You can also sign up to receive communications from the police by downloading this form: